The Gift of Love: a special holiday celebration and dinner
As the year draws to an end, come and celebrate the holidays with us!
The evening begins with an inspiring teaching and guided meditation with our Resident Teacher, Gen Dorje. Afterwards we will enjoy the company of friends and a delectable dinner.
- Colorful vegetable pinwheels
- Buffaloed cauliflower bites
- Assorted raw vegetables, dips + crackers
- Mixed lettuce greens with sliced cucumbers
- Garlic croutons
- Main course (choice of one)
- Eggplant parmesan
- Roasted chickpeas and fall vegetable medley
- Dessert buffet:
- Tea or coffee
- Snowball and ornament mini cakes
- Festive assortment of cookies and bites
- Dressed fruit
“Please nourish me with your goodness.
That I in turn may nourish all beings
With an unceasing banquet of delight.”
– from the Liberating Prayer
Cost: $25; $20 if you register before Dec 9
Saturday, December 16
- 6 - 6:45pm
- Guided meditation
Gen Kelsang DorjeResident Teacher, KMC Madison
The Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Madison is Buddhist monk Gen Kelsang Dorje. Gen Dorje has been studying and practicing Buddhism for over 20 years under the guidance of his teacher Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the founder of the New Kadampa Tradition. Gen Dorje is admired for his warmth and humor in making Buddha’s teachings relevant to the modern world. He is an inspiring example of how to integrate Buddha’s teachings into a joyful life.