Gen Kelsang Gomlam
Gen Kelsang Gomlam is the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Madison and Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s representative in Madison. She has been studying, practicing and teaching Kadam Dharma for many years. Gen Gomlam’s heartfelt and practical teachings are presented with warmth and humor, making them accessible to everyone.
Sunday Program: Happy Regardless
Note: Registration for Sundays is open through May 31.
When you click Register, all dates with open registration will appear.
With Gen Kelsang Gomlam
Love is the key to our own happiness and fulfillment. It is also the key to really helping others and our world. But for authentic love we need wisdom. Buddha’s wisdom teachings on interdependence and the nature of reality allow us to let go of our instinctive self-centered approach to life and to open our hearts and deeply empathize with others.
Through clear teachings and gently-guided meditations, Gen Kelsang Gomlam will help us to strengthen our love and deepen our wisdom. In this way, we can gain confidence in our ability to be happy, regardless of external conditions – bringing great benefit to ourselves and others.
Topics each month
March: Energizing Our Relationships
• how does loving others help me?
• how to protect ourself through compassion
• a good heart always brings good results
• three practices that improve all relationships
• three practices that transform our life
April: Resilience Through Meditation
• the relevance of wisdom and imagination
• how to use compassion to purify our mind
• what is real happiness?
• the best method to help others
May: Escape to Reality
• what is real?
• the nature of my body
• who am I really?
• why do I need the wisdom of reality?
• the kindness of “emptiness” – a daily practice
Registration closes one hour before class begins.
Note: Although our Center is temporarily physically closed, we are temporarily offering classes via livestream. Please review our terms and conditions before registering. Here are some helpful tips for getting the most benefit from your online experience.
Cost: $10 per class
Free for Members and Benefactors!
Register in 3 Easy Steps!
1. Click the Register button.
2. Select a class date, follow the instructions and make your payment. (Members, enter your member code) You will be taken to a PayPal page where you can use a credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
3. Watch for the livestream link to be emailed 45-60 minutes before class starts. (If you do not receive the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Special Notes for May 3 and 10
- The May 3 class is also part of the Empowerment Weekend. If you are interested in more of the weekend activities, visit this link.
- A special Mother’s Day class will be held on May 10.