Gen Kelsang Gomlam
Gen Kelsang Gomlam is the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Madison and Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s representative in Madison. She has been studying, practicing and teaching Kadam Dharma for many years. Gen Gomlam’s heartfelt and practical teachings are presented with warmth and humor, making them accessible to everyone.
Mahayana Refuge and Bodhisattva Vow Ceremony
Please join us for a powerful opportunity to receive Refuge and Bodhisattva Vows into your heart during this special blessed ceremony.
These vows are like goals that influence our life in a very meaningful way, causing all of our daily activities to become part of our spiritual path so that we are moving toward permanent inner peace and happiness for ourself and others every moment of every day. Amazing!
A vow is a virtuous intention to abandon particular faults that is generated in conjunction with a traditional ritual. If we take vows, our actions will become more powerful.
During the Mahayana Refuge Ceremony we formally go for refuge to the Three Jewels: Buddha, Dharma and Sangha; and during the Bodhisattva Vow Ceremony we make the strong determination to become a Bodhisattva – someone who strives towards enlightenment motivated by compassion for all living beings – and engage in all the actions of a Bodhisattva more and more successfully every day. How wonderful!
What to Expect
• A brief talk by Gen Gomlam, explain the benefits of taking formal Mayhana Refuge and Bodhisatta Vows
• A beautiful practice of chanted prayers and the Mayhana Refuge and Bodhisattva Vow Ceremony
Everyone is welcome to this meaningful event. And everyone is welcome to take, or not take, the vows according to their inclinations.
Cost: $20; free for GP and FP members and benefactors.
A livestream link is available 72 hours after the class for everyone who registers.
Our community has moved online! Please review our terms and conditions before registering. Here are some helpful tips for getting the most benefit from our livestream classes. Please note that registration closes one hour before each class starts to allow for time to get people the link in a timely manner and prepare for the livestream class.
New to online classes? Find out about introductory offers.
Register in 3 Easy Steps!
1. Click the Register button.
2. Follow the instructions and make your payment. (Members, enter your member code) You will be taken to a PayPal page where you can use a credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
3. Watch for the livestream link to be emailed 45-60 minutes before class starts. (If you do not receive the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Saturday, October 17
- 10 AM - 12 PM
- Mahayana Refuge Vow Talk and Ceremony
- 2 PM - 3:30 PM
- Bodhisattva Vows Talk and Ceremony