Monday Nights: Creating Change You Can Trust
In this encouraging Monday Night Series, we will start exploring scientific methods from Buddhas teachings, to create dynamic positive mind transformation using our own difficulties and problems as fuel for these changes. How amazing. Adversity becomes meaningful and suffering becomes useful. These instructions are compared “to a diamond because just as a small fragment of a diamond is valuable, so putting even a small part of the instructions of training the mind into practice has great power to change our mind from unhappiness to happiness.” – from The New Eight Steps To Happiness, by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- 9/13 – Introduction
- 9/20 – Going higher! Shoot for the best!
- 9/27 – Without others, we are nothing
- 10/4 – The solution to all our daily problems
- 10/11 – Being honest with ourself
- 10/18 – Watching our own mind
- 10/25 – Seeing others as valuable
- 11/1 – Who is to blame for my problems?
- 11/8 – The power of humility
- 11/15 – Self cherishing, the troublemaker
- 11/22 – Don’t blame yourself
- 11/29 – The real source of anxiety
CLICK TO REGISTER
Cost: $10 per class; free for Members and Benefactors!
Gen Kelsang Gomlam
Gen Kelsang Gomlam is the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Madison and Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s representative in Madison. She has been studying, practicing and teaching Kadam Dharma for many years. Gen Gomlam’s heartfelt and practical teachings are presented with warmth and humor, making them accessible to everyone.