Sunday Mornings: Becoming a Friend of the World
With all the new appearances in our world and the unusual circumstances changing so many of the things we took for granted; now is the time to look more deeply into a way of being in the world that actually benefits everyone.
Buddha taught practical and rare guidelines for living a purposeful life in a busy and hectic world. By applying these powerful methods we can help our family, friends, and our world find real happiness and a better quality of life.
“It is said that there exists a magic crystal that has the power to purify any liquid into which it is placed. Those who cherish all living beings are like this crystal—by their very presence they remove negativity from the world and give back kindness.”
– Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Topics each month
- 1/3 Giving and keeping
- 1/10 Special Sunday: What exactly is Lamrim?
- 1/17 Giving practical help
- 1/24 Giving protection and fearlessness
- 1/31 Giving love
- 2/7 Giving good advice
- 2/14 Special Weekend with Gen Demo, How to Protect Ourself and Others: Learning to Love
- 2/21 Promising not to harm
- 2/28 Promising to increase positive actions
- 3/7 Promising to benefit others
- 3/14 The inner armour of patience
- 3/21 Patience of not retaliating
- 3/28 Power of patient acceptance
- 4/4 Patiently thinking about Dharma
- 4/11 Procrastination and effort
- 4/18 Laziness and discouragement
- 4/25 Attraction to what is meaningless
- 5/2 Empowerment Weekend: Purification for a healthy mind
- 5/9 Perfection of mental stabilization: pure meditation
- 5/16 Perfection of wisdom
- 5/30 The result: a new Bodhisattva!!
Text for the class
Purchasing your own copy is not required, but your practice will be enhanced if you can follow along. Purchase Introduction to Buddhism here.
If you are in Madison, we can arrange a no-contact pickup of this text. Just email [email protected] to make arrangements.
Free for Members and Benefactors: With your membership or trial membership, you will receive all links to regular events (excluding special events with visiting teachers or the Midwest Dharma Celebration, which require separate registration).
When you click Register, all dates with open registration will appear.
Please review our terms and conditions before registering. Here are some helpful tips for getting the most benefit from our livestream classes. Please note that registration closes one hour before each class starts to allow for time to get people the link in a timely manner and prepare for the livestream class.
A livestream link is available 72 hours after the class for everyone who registers.
Register in 3 Easy Steps!
1. Click the Register button.
2. Select a class date, follow the instructions and make your payment. You will be taken to a PayPal page where you can use a credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
3. Watch for the livestream link to be emailed 45-60 minutes before class starts. (If you do not receive the link, email [email protected].)
Gen Kelsang Gomlam
Gen Kelsang Gomlam is the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Center Madison and Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s representative in Madison. She has been studying, practicing and teaching Kadam Dharma for many years. Gen Gomlam’s heartfelt and practical teachings are presented with warmth and humor, making them accessible to everyone.