Kadampa Festivals and Celebrations
Every year the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union (NKT-IKBU) organizes a world wide program of special courses on Buddhism and meditation that explain how to apply Buddha’s teachings (Dharma) to modern living. The program includes International Festivals, National Festivals, and Dharma Celebrations.
These Festivals and Dharma Celebrations provide a precious opportunity to study and practice the special presentation of modern Buddhism taught by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the Founder of the NKT.
The events vary in length from two days to two weeks, but whatever their duration they all offer a vacation with a difference – a chance to break free from the hectic routines of daily life and focus on the things that really matter. You will come away not only refreshed and relaxed but also spiritually re-energized.
Three annual International Festivals are held each year:
- The Spring Festival – held at Manjushri KMC in the UK
- The Summer Festival – held at Manjushri KMC in the UK
- The Fall Festival – held at various locations outside the UK
One US Festival is held annually:
- The US Festival – held at KMC New York in Glen Spey, New York (note: in 2022, the International Fall Festival will be held in New York; this will take the place of the 2022 US Festival originally planned for October)
The Midwest Dharma Celebration takes place each fall:
- The Midwest Dharma Celebration – held at KMC Madison in 2021; will return in 2023
Oct 2022 US Festival will not take place; International Fall Festival will be held that week in New York