Membership at KMC Madison
Becoming a member is the most economical way to enjoy all our classes, courses and retreats, while also supporting the growth of this extraordinary resource for the people of Madison and beyond. If you attend classes regularly, your membership will represent substantial saving over paying for individual classes. With most memberships, since the classes you can attend are unlimited once you have paid a monthly fee, it also provides many opportunities to deepen your meditation practice as well as meet other committed practitioners.
- supports a flourishing Center by providing predictable income.
- generates immeasurable merit that can be dedicated toward great enlightenment.
Special Notes on Membership
For all membership options: We request a 12-month annual commitment (renewal is automatic, unless we hear from you).
Where applicable below:
*Special Events such as Empowerments and the Midwest Dharma Celebration are not included.
**Passes include General Program Classes only – Day Courses, Retreats, Empowerments, or Special Events such as Midwest Dharma Celebration or Visiting Teachers are not part of the free class package.
General Program Member | $55 contribution monthly
General Program Membership benefits:
- Free unlimited admission to all General Program classes, Noontime & Drop-in Meditations, and Friday Night Lectures*
- Free unlimited admission to most Saturday Day Courses and retreats at the Center
- Discounted rates for Special Events with visiting teachers*
- Twelve (12) Guest Passes annually for General Program Classes, Noontime & Drop-in Meditations, and Friday Night Lectures*
Foundation Program Member | $65 contribution monthly
Foundation Program Membership includes everything in the General Program Membership PLUS:
- Free entry to all Foundation Program Classes (enrollment required)
Benefactor Level Member | $108 contribution monthly
Benefactor Level Membership includes everything in the Foundation Program Membership PLUS:
- 50% discount on Center Empowerments (does not include MWDC) and Special Events with Visiting Teachers
- Discounted rate for away retreats
- Four (4) Guest Passes annually for Half-Day Courses or Full-Day Meditation Retreats
Why Your Contribution Matters
Membership contributions are an important source of income for KMC Madison. They help maintain and improve the facilities and spiritual programs for the benefit of people of all levels of interest. In addition, any profits support the International Temples Project, a registered non-profit which fosters the international development of Buddhist Temples and Retreat Centers worldwide.
A strong membership ensures that the Center will able to carry on in Madison, and continue to be a spiritual sanctuary for anyone wishing to find lasting peace and happiness. Your contribution is a meaningful act of generosity that will help create world peace and that will benefit generations to come.
KMC Madison is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that operates solely on the kindness of volunteers and donations. Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions about membership, please contact the Administrative Director at [email protected] or (608)-661-3211.
Let us answer your Membership questions.
How much does membership cost?
We offer 3 different levels of membership at $55.00, $65.00 or $108.00 per month. Please read the benefits to find a membership level that works best for you.
How do I sign up for membership?
Is membership sign up only online?
When does my membership start?
Can I share my membership?
Are kids included with my membership?
Can I use my membership at other Kadampa Centers?
How do I check in as a member when I attend class?
When you attend any event at the Center, simply show your membership card to the person at the registration desk.
How do I cancel my membership?
To cancel your membership, please send an email to [email protected] with your request with two weeks of notice.